AMC invited local bloggers to come preview their new theater in Downtown Kansas City. AMC Mainstreet, the theater, orginally opened in 1921, but now has been renovated and upgraded (to say the least). They gave me access to the new theater and I willingly decided to shoot a vBlog to give everyone a ‘preview’ before it’s open to the public. Check out my video blog for a complete tour of the place, it’s not your typical movie theater. I also snapped a few photos with my camera which you can view on my flickr account.
Here is the quick bottom-line about the new theater in my opinion:
- Truthfully the food (that you order in the movie theater) isn’t amazing. It’s like bar food — not gourmet.
- In my opinion, the audio setup, screen-size and seating comfort justifies the higher price you pay to watch a movie.
- The seats all have speakers in them that rumble when action scenes appear in the movie. Cheesy as that may sound, when I watched a movie there it was freakin’ cool to watch actions scenes with your seat shaking.
- You can order beer and they bring it to you = cool
- You’re able to reserve specific seats online or by phone so you don’t have to show up extra early to get a good spot.